THE 2015 - 2016 NVMI HONOR UNIT!!!
TAC Officer - CPT Russell Theodore
TAC NCO - SFC Johnny Rodriguez
CADET COMPANY STAFF
Company Commander- C/1LT Henry Lopez 11th Grade
Company XO- C/1LT Jamie Trujillo 11th Grade
Company 1SG- C/SSG Victor Negrete 11th Grade
Company S-1- C/SGT Johnny Alonzo 12th Grade
Company S-2- C/SGT Tristan Villasenor 9th Grade
Company S-3- C/SSG Jason Butel 12th Grade
Company S-4- C/CPL Yassin Saededdin 11th Grade
Company S-5- C/SFC Vincent Gamboa 9th Grade
Company S-6- RCT Chris Creta 11th Grade
Company S-7- C/SSG Juan Vargas 10th Grade
Company S-8 C/CPL Samantha Gomez 10th grade
Drill & Ceremonies
PT Goal Sheet
IMPORTANT NEWS / EVENTS/ DATES
- PT GOOGLE CLASSROOM CODE: rzfkfm
- IN ORDER TO MAKE UP MISSING PASS-IN REVIEW, YOU Must ATTEND BOTH DECEMBER PARADES, OR YOU MAY SUBSTITUTE ONE PARADE FOR THE DECEMBER 8th COMMUNITY CLEAN UP!!
-C-SCHEDULE ON THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 29th!
- STUDY GUIDE FOR THE PT WRITTEN BENCHMARKS HAVE ALREADY BEEN UPLOADED TO THE PT GOOGLE CLASSROOM! PRINT IT BEFORE FRIDAY, NOV. 30TH!
- CHOCOLATE SALES ARE IN PROGRESS! EARN PRIZES WHILE YOU HELP THE SCHOOL RAISE MONEY! GET YOUR CHOCOLATE IN THE MAIN OFFICE TODAY!
- PALOS VERDES PARADE ON SATURDAY, DECEMBER 1ST! IF YOU ARE ATTENDING, MEET AT NVMI ON SATURDAY, AT 3:00 P.M.
- CANDY CANE LANE PARADE ON FRIDAY, DECEMBER 7th! LAST DAY TO TURN IN TRIP SLIPS ARE ON FRIDAY, NOV 30TH! GET EXTRA CREDIT BY GOING TO MULTIPLE PARADES!
*ANSWERS MUST BE WRITTEN IN COMPLETE SENTENCES
Current Events Week 16; 26-30 NOV
1. In what country were 145 pilot whales found dead on a remote beach?
2. What did US agents use on migrants trying to cross the border in Tijuana, Mexico?
3. In what Northeaster state have 600 sea turtles washed up this year?
4. What vegetable harvested from California did the FDA and CDC say may contain E Coli?
5. In what California town did a bear walk into a Highway Patrol office?
6. What major automaker removed their chairman after his arrest for financial misconduct?
7. Why were hundreds of flights cancelled on Sunday at the end of the Thanksgiving Day weekend?
8. What country is the Ukrainian military claiming shot at them and seized three of their ships?
9. What were the “Yellow Jackets” protesting last Saturday in Paris, France?
10. What member of the President’s family was said to have used their personal account to send emails to White House staff and cabinet officials?
Current Events WEEK 15; 12-16 NOV
1. What is the name of the Southern California restaurant where 12 people were killed by a shooter last week?
2. What former drug cartel leader will have his trial in New York city starting this week?
3. What is the name of the newly elected Senator for Arizona, the state’s first female senator?
4. What town in Northern California was wiped out by a fire, killing 42 people?
5. Who did President Trump fire last week, shortly after the midterm elections?
6. With what reporter did President Trump get into a confrontation during a press briefing leading to being banned from the White House?
7. What event was commemorated in Paris this past Sunday?
8. What school district is investigating a picture showing a group of high school boys posing while performing the Nazi salute?
9. What is the name of the Korean War veteran that received his high school diploma after 63 years this past Sunday?
10. What legendary writer, editor and publisher of Marvel Comics passed away at the age of 95?
NO CURRENT EVENTS WERE POSTED FOR BRAVO COMPANY ON WEEK 14.
Current Events Week 13; OCT 29th- NOV 2nd
1. What US city suffered an attack by a gunman shot and killed 11 at a synagogue?
2. From what state were suspicious packages mailed from, targeting Trump critics?
3. What is the name of the princess that surrendered her royal status in order to marry?
4. In what European city did marathoners have to run through flooding waters?
5. What airline had a jetliner carrying 189 people from Jakarta crash into the Java Sea?
6. In what European capital did a daredevil climber known as the "French Spiderman" scale a skyscraper with his bare hands?
7. In what country did bodyguards of a deposed government minister open fire on a crowd of protestors this past Sunday?
8. In what country did a woman wielding a kitchen knife attack 14 children at a kindergarten?
9. What NBC host was removed from her show for the comments she made about “blackface”?
10. How many more troops is the president planning on sending to the Southern border?
Current Events 22-26 OCT
1. What European government has banned gender studies at universities saying 'people are born either male or female'?
2. Aboard what US Navy ship did a helicopter crash injuring 12 personnel aboard last Friday?
3. In what Asian country did a train carrying 366 passengers derail Sunday killing at least 18 people and injuring 178?
4. On what SoCal freeway did a small plane make an emergency landing on Friday?
5. What type of animal disease has been confirmed to be found on a farm in Scotland?
6. What is the name of the Saudi journalist that disappeared and is rumored to have been killed?
7. In what country did the large migrant caravan originate?
8. A 6.8 magnitude earthquake struck off of what North American country?
9. What government confirmed 20 dead after a student went on a shooting spree and detonated a bomb at a college in Crimea?
10. What two teams will be playing in the 2018 World Series?
Current Events Week 10; OCT 8th-12th
1. What Senate Bill can governor Brown sign for school to start no earlier than 8:30 am?
2. What country has started banning the use of cellphones in schools from 1st grade – 9th grade?
3. What hurricane is currently hitting the Gulf of Mexico and Florida?
4. A company in Massachusetts named Helping Hands focuses on training and caring for what service animals?
5. What is the name of the British artist that had a painting self-destruct only moments after being sold for $1.4?
6. What is the name of the Army nurse CPT that was killed by explosives while trying to save another wounded soldier?
7. What is the name of the Interpol chief that disappeared on a trip to China?
8. What is the name of the U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations that has announced her resignation from her position?
9. What day is election day this year?
10. What is the technical name of the rope used on flagpoles to raise and lower our nations/states flag?
Current Events Week 9; OCT 1st-5th
1. A final Senate vote to confirm Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court was delayed by a week, after a frenetic, last-minute push persuaded one Republican senator, ________________, to support an F.B.I. investigation into Christine Blasey Ford’s allegations of sexual assault.
2. In the wake of a 7.5-magnitude earthquake and a 20-foot tsunami on Sept. 28 that killed at least 1,234 people, the eastern _______________ city of Palu was still reeling.
3. On Sept. 27, Hannah Storm and Andrea Kremer became the first all-woman sports broadcasting booth to call any major?
4. Elon Musk, Tesla’s chief executive, reached a deal with the Securities and Exchange Commission on Sept. 29 to resolve what charges?
5. Facebook, already facing scrutiny over how it handles the private information of its users, said on Sept. 28 that an attack on its computer network had exposed the personal information of nearly how many users?
6. Hundreds of migrant children per week — more than 1,600 so far — have been bussed to what kind of facilities in the desert (where there’s no schooling and limited access to legal aid)?
7. Bill Cosby was sentenced to ________________ in prison for sexually assaulting a woman in his home.
8. On Sept. 30, the United States reached a last-minute deal to salvage the North American Free Trade Agreement with what country?
9. According to the CDC, how many flu-related deaths happened in the U.S. during the 2017-18 flu season?
10. Which U.S. fashion brand is acquiring the iconic Italian fashion house Versace for $2.1 billion?
Current Events Week 8; Sept. 24th-28th
1.What is the name of the woman that came forward about be sexually assaulted by Judge Kavanaugh over three decades ago?
2. Who claimed his first victory since 2013 in the Tour Championship, the P.G.A. Tour’s season finale, on Sept. 23 at the age of 42?
3. Besides visiting Seoul, North Korean leader Kim Jong-un also agreed to what during a summit meeting between North and South Korea on September 19?
4. On Sept. 23, researchers reported that a tiny clip inserted into the heart sharply reduced death rates in patients with severe?
5. In which restive province that is home to most of the Iran’s Arab minority was there a gunman that killed at least 25 people and wounded 60 on Sept. 22 in an attack on a military parade?
6. Trump administration officials announced Sept. 22 that immigrants who legally use _______ can be denied green cards under new rules aimed at keeping out people that are “a drain on the country”?
7.Who will president Trump meet with on SEP 27 to discuss reports about him talking about secretly recoding Mr. Trump in the White House, to expose the chaos consuming the administration, and that he discussed recruiting cabinet members to invoke the 25th amendment to remove Mr. Trump from office in the spring of 2017?
8. Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh, facing new allegations of?
9. Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger, the co-founders of ___________ the photo-sharing app, have resigned and plan to leave the company in the coming weeks?
10.President Trump escalated his trade war with Beijing by imposing tariffs on _________ worth of Chinese goods?
Current Events Week 7 17-21 SEP
1. What type of animal attacked a man in Cape Cod, Massachusetts, the first attack since 1936?
2. What type of job did the man do who was arrested for killing four women in Texas over the weekend?
3. What is the name of the hurricane that has flooded large part of the Carolinas?
4. What type/type of statue was recently found in an ancient temple in southern Egypt?
5. Who is currently going through a Supreme Court nomination hearing but has been accused of sexual assault?
6. What Asian nation has suffered 40 deaths due Typhoon Mangkhut?
7. In what state did a couple wake to find 4 bears in their vacation home’s kitchen?
8. What South American President was seen dining on steak and smoking cigars in an expensive restaurant while his country is suffering from a food crisis?
9. What country is launching an investigation into finding needles and pins inside strawberries?
10. What African nation has declared a state of emergency after 20 deaths from Cholera?
Current Events Week 6, Due September 13, 2018
1. In what country did miners discover two huge gold-encrusted rocks that are each estimated to be worth millions of dollars?
2. What newspaper published an op-ed piece written by an anonymous source within the White House?
3. What tennis player was fined $17,000 for code violations at the US Open?
4. What was found inside a jar in the basement of an old Italian theater that could be worth millions and possibly date back to fifth century BC?
5. What is the name of the police officer that was arrested for fatally shooting her neighbor in his own apartment?
6. What American actor, famous for his role in “Smokey and the Bandit”, passed away at the age of 82?
7. What 20 year-old won the women’s US Open tennis championship this weekend?
8. What is the name of the Mississippi high school homecoming queen that also scored the winning point for her school’s football team?
9. What are the names of the twin WWII veterans that celebrated their hundred birthdays?
10. Who was named the new Miss America this weekend?
Current Events Week 5, Due Sep 07, 2018
1. In what country were 87 elephants killed at a wildlife sanctuary?
2. What is the name of the tropical storm that is approaching the Gulf Coast?
3. Who was Senator John McCain buried next to?
4. In what Southern California city were 8 people shot in an apartment complex this weekend?
5. What Brazilian national building was consumed by a fire in the city of Rio de Janeiro?
6. Who is being commemorated in the giant statue that will be 600 feet tall once completed?
7. What is the name of the doctor that apologized for saying "Female physicians do not work as hard and do not see as many patients as male physicians”?
8. What state will be the first to abolish bail?
9. What agency did the Mississippi Department of Corrections ask for help after having 15 inmate deaths in one month?
10. What country banned the Australian Broadcast Corporations website in order to censor information?
Current Events Week 4 due August 30, 2018
1. What long-time serving US Senator passed away this weekend from cancer?
2. What country did Pope Francis visit after nearly four decades?
3. What did Elon Musk announce concerning his company Tesla?
4. Who’s remains did the Spanish cabinet approved Friday to be exhumed and removed from a memorial near Madrid?
5. What South American country was struck with a 7.3 earthquake last Tuesday?
6. In what country was a Massive 5,000-year-old burial monument unearthed?
7. Near what European capital did WWII munitions explode during a wildfire last week?
8. What famous Pulitzer Prize playwright passed away at the age of 91?
9. What Asian country appointed their first female fighter pilot last Friday?
10. In what American city did a man kill 2 people and injured several others during a gaming tournament.
Current Events Week 3 due August 23, 2018
1. In what Southern state was a 33 year-old woman charged with neglect after leaving her child in the car overnight?
2. What is the name of the baby that was born at 18:18 on 8-18-18 in Colorado?
3. Who were the two high-ranking officials that were detained for the alleged plot to kill President Maduro of Venezuela?
4. What is the name of the woman that fell off a cruise ship and was rescued after being in the water for 10 hours?
5. What singer, song writer, and pianist, dubbed the “Queen of Soul”, passed away last week?
6. What type of African animal killed a Chinese tourist in Lake Naivahsa, Kenya last week?
7. What country is planning on a $2 billion mall that will be the size of 100 football fields?
8. What is the name of the mountain that was downgraded to a hill by 5 feet in Brecon Beacons National Park, Wales?
9. What European capital is in an uproar for setting up open-air public “intelligent urinals”?
10. The Chilean government is setting travel limitations to what World Heritage site?
Current Events Week 2 due August 16, 2018
1. In what state did a man steal an airplane and ultimately crashing with it?
2. What type of floatation device where 2 women on when rescued by police on a Minnesota lake?
3. What did Joe Reed find under his hood of his truck on Saturday morning?
4. What is the name of the man who was awarded $289 million because he got cancer from a weed killer (pesticide)?
5. What did the first-lady’s parents do last Thursday in contradiction to the President’s thoughts on immigration?
6. Last Sunday’s space launch was to explore what in the solar system?
7. In what country was a school bus attacked by an air-strike, killing 50 and injuring 77 school children?
8. Who is the first woman to lead an infantry platoon in the history of the USMC?
9. What is the name of the 9 year-old chess prodigy that will be allowed to stay in the UK?
10. What change does the White House want to make to the military by the year 2020?