School and Community Service Activities
NVMI is the proud winner of the California Cadet Corps UNIT COMMUNITY SERVICE AWARD - FIRST PLACE for two years in a row - 2013-2014 and 2014-2015. Since its inception, NVMI cadets have donated over 20,000 hours of community service.
Examples of community service activities include:
- Blood drives
- Donations of emergency supplies to the American Red Cross
- 2014 Los Angeles Special Olympics of Southern California
- Donations of foodstuffs to the Greater Los Angeles Food Bank
- 2015 World Games of the Special Olympics
- Service at various events for Congressman Tony Cardenas
- Donations of school supplies to local children's' shelters
- Service at various events for the California State Assembly and California State Senate
- Donation of clothes to the Salvation Army
- Partnering with MEND of San Fernando Valley
- Service with literacy programs at local elementary schools
- Donations of toys to Children's Hospital Los Angeles
- Donations of toys to Toys for Tots
- Helping with Operation Gratitude for our troops
- Hundreds of color guards around the greater Los Angeles and Southern California area
- Service at the Sepulveda Veterans Center of the US Veterans Administration
- and much more
Contact your cadet S-5 or TAC team for a list of volunteer opportunities.
In addition to community service opportunities, there are many opportunities for school service, including service as a part of Cadet Guard each morning before school from 0645 until the start of formation, flag detail, helping teachers, donation of school emergency supplies, service on our Campus Emergency Response Team (CERT), and much more. Ask you cadet S-5 for more information about volunteer opportunities.