Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
As of Monday March 30 at 4:10 p.m.
WE HAVE REGULAR “A” SCHEDULES THROUGH THURSDAY OF THIS WEEK AND A “B” SCHEDULE ON FRIDAY – We already took the Cesar Chavez Holiday and Spring Break at the beginning of the COVD-19 outbreak. There are no special schedules or holidays this week.
PLEASE EMAIL A PHOTO OF YOU WITH YOUR PETS FOR AN ONLINE PHOTO GALLERY: to Mrs. Wilson at email@example.com.
TUESDAY IS A REGULAR “A” SCHEDULE OF CLASSES:
- Period 1 – login to period 1 google classroom not later than 0810
- Period 2 – login to period 2 google classroom not later than 0910
- Period 3– login to period 3 google classroom not later than 1005
- Period 4– login to period 4 google classroom not later than 1100
- After your period 4, enjoy some lunch! Use google hangouts/meet to chat with your friends!
- Period 5– login to period 5 google classroom not later than 1250
- Period 6– login to period 6 google classroom not later than 1345 (1:45 PM)
- Period 7– login to period 7 google classroom not later than 1440 (2:40 PM)
- Tutoring is available from 3:45-6:30PM
IF YOU MISS ANY VIRTUAL CLASSES, you must watch the recorded videos. Links to recorded videos are posted by teachers within 24 hours to google classrooms. You will be marked absent any period you miss but if you watch the recorded video and complete the form, your attendance will be changed to present. After you watch the video, fill out the google form found here for EACH PERIOD YOU MISSED: https://forms.gle/1FVqBp9Grt3KcZjn6
NEED ONLINE TECH HELP?: Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you experience any problems and need help with your online classes. You can also call Dr. Ryan’s cell phone at 323-217-4481 and he will help. Everyone got Chromebooks today that needed them. Hotspots are being mailed directly to families. If you need any technology support, email email@example.com.
FOOD SERVICES: Here is a link to an interactive map of both LAUSD and Charter sites distributing food to families in need: this map of all LAUSD and LA County charter schools. The map includes hours of operation for each unique program, all of which are operating a “grab and go” program to pick up meals for students and families.
HAVE YOU FOLLOWED NVMI ON TWITTER IF YOU HAVE A TWITTER ACCOUNT: @NVMI_Hawks
PROMOTIONS IN CADET RANK: If you are interested in earning a promotion, please join the virtual promotion google classroom with this code and follow the instruction there: wiriot6
MISSION COLLEGE TUTORING: Ms. Stribling is proving tutoring for all kids enrolled in Mission College classes. To get the link and other information please join the google classroom. The code is pl2uj2e. You can also email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
REMINDERS FOR YOUR OWN HEALTH: Please remember to take care of yourselves:
- Wash your hands with warm water and soap frequently for no less than 20 seconds (long enough to sing Happy birthday twice)
- Cover your cough and sneeze with tissue or a sleeve (do the Dracula cough/sneeze)
- Stay away from anyone who is sick
- Stay away from prolonged contact with strangers (try to be on contact for less than 10 minutes)
- Socially distance at least six feet away from others
- Protect older adults (like grandparents) from having contact with strangers
SEVEN RULES FOR VIRTUAL ETIQUETTE:
- Exercise the Golden Rule - Treat others the way you want to be treated.
- Remember everything you post is public and recorded.
- Don't post things when you’re angry.
- Don't post a picture or video of someone else without his or her permission.
- Be very selective of what you post or share online.
- Don't give out personal and confidential information online.
- Watch what you say, you are being recorded.
ATHLETES: Attention all cadets if you have any film, clips or pictures of your friends or yourself playing sports on the NVMI team please send it to me at email@example.com; we are going make a YouTube video of our athletics. Thank you all and be safe.
FOOTBALL FOR FALL 2020?: If you are currently in grades 8-11 and interested in playing football in the fall for our high school team, please email Coach S at firstname.lastname@example.org.
REENROLLMENT FOR 2020-2021: I know this seems like an odd thing, but now is the time we must start planning for next school year’s enrollment, budget, course offerings, etc. Please have each student complete the survey at the following link as soon as possible: https://forms.gle/tbcZH24XyhU6qSGKA