Camp Pendleton Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is there still room to sign up?
A: There is still room in Basic NCO and Advanced NCO but nowhere else. If you want to be in one of those units, please email Dr. Ryan at email@example.com.
Q: What if we still need to finish paying?
A: You can pay in the school's main office any weekday between 8AM-4PM.
Q: When do we leave?
A: We will try to have the buses pulling away at 7AM on Thursday June 20. We will start checking cadets in at 0630 and hopefully start loading buses at 0645 for an on time departure.
Q: What do we wear?
A: Wear your complete and proper class C (tan) uniform, with boots?
Q: I heard lots of people get blisters from the boots?
A: It is true you need to "break in" your boots by wearing them in small chunks of time for many days before you leave. Start wearing new boots for 20-30 minutes and then increase to an hour, and then two hours and finally be able to wear them all day. If you do not do this, your feet will be very happy because you will be walking/marching many many miles every day and if you have new boots that have not be "broken in" you will surely get blisters on your feet.
Q: Do I need a haircut?
Y: Yes, you are going to an active duty Marine Corps base and your hair absolutely needs to meet Marine Corps Boot Camp standards (high and tight) no longer than a barber size (2) on the top and a barber size (1) on the sides and back.
Q: What happens if I do not get a haircut?
A: We will ask your parents' permission before you load the bus to give you a buzz cut ourselves. If I were you, I would get it done from a barber.
Q: I heard we were supposed to have a military style duffel bag?
A: It is best if you get a simple military duffel like the one found here:
Or you can go get one at this store:
Q: What do we bring?
A: Here is the packing list once again:
SUMMER CAMP 2019 PACKING LIST
- Bath Size Towel, plain color - 4 ea
- Black crew length socks - 1 pair
- Blousing bands (rubber bands or other blousing device) - 1 pair
- Complete Class B uniform (black and white on a hanger (already prepared), including:
- Shoes (boots) black
- White T-shirt
- Awards and decorations
- Insignia (CAL, CORPS, Rank, DUI)
- Belt and buckle (brass)
- Complete Class C uniform, including:
- Boots (black)
- White T-shirt
- Belt and buckle (black)
- Insignia (CAL, CORPS, Rank)
- Feminine hygiene products, as needed
- Lock, combination or key - 1 ea
- Medication - as needed
- Notebook, college ruled, 3-ring with at least 70 sheets of paper - 1 ea
- Pen, black - 2 ea
- Pencil, #2 - 2 ea
- Pillow, plain color - 1 ea
- Pillowcase, plain color - 1 ea
- Shampoo - 1 travel size bottle
- Shaving cream and razor (if needed) - 1 ea
- Shoes, shower (flip flop type or other) - 1 ea
- Soap, travel size - 1 ea
- Sun block, travel size (optional) - 1 ea
- Tennis shoes - 1 pr
- Toothbrush - 1 ea
- Toothpaste - 1 ea
- T-shirt, plain white crew neck - 8 ea
- Warm jacket or sweatshirt - 1 ea (please be sure you have something to keep you warm)
- Washcloth - 4 ea
- White socks, crew length - 8 pairs
- Sleeping bag
- Flash Light
- Other necessary personal hygiene items
DO NOT BRING: There are certain items that MUST NOT be brought to the Summer Camp. Any cadet seen with these items will be immediately removed from the event. Cadets MUST NOT bring:
Any firearms OR ammunition
· Knives or any other sharp items
· Alcohol, tobacco, and tobacco products
ANY OTHER ITEM THAT WOULD NOT GENERALLY BE ALLOWED IN SCHOOL