Welcome to the NVMI Enrollment Information page!
You may RE-ENROLL or begin the NEW ENROLLMENT process here for the 2018-2019 school year.
1. Complete and SUBMIT the online NVMI PRE-ENROLLMENT FORM for 2018-2019 school year.
- 2018-2019 NVMI Pre-Enrollment Information: https://goo.gl/forms/mm0hDCvvtHQYJk4X2
NOTE: Re-enrolling students need to complete step 1 only. Each student in the family must be re-enrolled separately.
NOTE: Though you must have an email address to submit the Pre-Enrollment Form, DO NOT LET THE LACK OF AN EMAIL ADDRESS BE A DETERRENT to enrollment. NMVI will gladly help you obtain a free email address and complete the enrollment process without any difficulty. Please contact the NVMI Main Office at 818-368-1557 or visit the NVMI Main Office on the Sun Valley HS Campus, 12105 Allegheny Street (Enter through the back gate on Allegheny and follow signs to the NVMI office.
2. Schedule an Interview
- Each applicant and a parent are required to participate in an interview with NVMI’s Enrollment Officer, Major John Wells.
- The purpose of this interview is for you to learn about NVMI and make sure NVMI is the right place for you and your child.
- NVMI is committed to serve ANY AND ALL students who want to take advantage of the academic program, military structure, leadership development, citizenship promotion, and athletics activities we offer. But we also know that a military school is not the right place for every child. The interview is NOT for NVMI to decide if a family/child are a good fit; rather the interview is an important chance for the family to see NVMI and make sure the family decides NVMI is a potentially good fit.
- Interviews are by Appointment only.
- To schedule an interview, please call Major John Wells at 818-368-1557ext. 2242, or his cell 951‑536‑1864
3. Attend Entrance Camp Orientation – to be scheduled with Major Wells
4. Successfully complete Entrance Camp - for fifteen consecutive weekdays from 0630-1830 daily.
1. Submitting the documents listed below indicates your intention to enroll at NVMI and attend Entrance Camp.
2. NVMI is committed to supporting your student’s successful completion of Entrance Camp and ongoing academic achievement. These documents provide important information for our staff to prepare all appropriate supports to assist your student’s transition to our unique program.
3. Documents may be submitted at any time prior to the Entrance Camp Orientation. However, we recommend that you submit them immediately following your interview or decision to enroll.
- Current Immunization Records (copy) students entering grades 7-12 must show proof of the pertussis booster vaccine (Tdap) before attending any public school
- Birth Certificate (copy)
- Un-Official Transcript – required for students entering grades 10-12
- Report Cards (from 2016-2017 end of the year)
- IEP/504 (special education) – Most current complete with any current changes – REQUIRED if applicable. PLEASE NOTE: NVMI serves a very large special education population and we are very happy to do so. We know that the military structure of the school appeals to many families of special needs students, and we happily serve those students, but we need accurate information about your child's special education needs so we can be sure our program effectively meets those needs.
- Signed AUTHORIZATION FOR REQUEST FOR RECORDS (to be completed at interview)