The Headquarters Detachment consists of two distinct groups of cadets - the 7th Brigade Headquarters cadets and the regimental staff of the 77th Regiment at North Valley Military Institute.
Currently, the 77th Regiment is commanded by C/MAJ Jessica Alvarado
HISTORICAL LISTING OF REGIMENTAL/BRIGADE COMMANDERS:
- 2017-2018 school year - C/MAJ Julian Robledo
- 2016-2017 school year - C/COL Emily Rubalcava
- 2015-2016 school year - C/1LT Zahaire Chable
- 2014-2015 school year - C/2LT Elizabeth Reyes
- 2013-2014 school year (The inaugural year of the NVMI) - C/2LT Christian Rubalcava
HONOR UNIT HISTORICAL DATA
- 2016-2017 school year - ALPHA Company
- 2015-2016 school year - BRAVO Company
- 2014-2015 school year - CHARLIE Company
- 2013-2014 school year - DELTA Company
Current Events Week 10
1. What Senate Bill can governor Brown sign for school to start no earlier than 8:30 am?
2. What country has started banning the use of cell phones in schools from 1st grade – 9th grade?
3. What hurricane is currently hitting the Gulf of Mexico and Florida?
4. A company in Massachusetts named Helping Hands focuses on training and caring for what service animals?
5. What is the name of the British artist that had a painting self-destruct only moments after being sold for $1.4?
6. What is the name of the Army nurse CPT that was killed by explosives while trying to save another wounded soldier?
7. What is the name of the Interpol chief that disappeared on a trip to China?
8. What is the name of the U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations that has announced her resignation from her position?
9. What day is election day this year?
10. What is the technical name of the rope used on flagpoles to raise and lower our nations/states flag?
Current Events Week 9
1. A final Senate vote to confirm Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court was delayed by a week, after a frenetic, last-minute push persuaded one Republican senator, ________________, to support an F.B.I. investigation into Christine Blasey Ford’s allegations of sexual assault.
2. In the wake of a 7.5-magnitude earthquake and a 20-foot tsunami on Sept. 28 that killed at least 1,234 people, the eastern _______________ city of Palu was still reeling.
3. On Sept. 27, Hannah Storm and Andrea Kremer became the first all-woman sports broadcasting booth to call any major?
4. Elon Musk, Tesla’s chief executive, reached a deal with the Securities and Exchange Commission on Sept. 29 to resolve what charges?
5. Facebook, already facing scrutiny over how it handles the private information of its users, said on Sept. 28 that an attack on its computer network had exposed the personal information of nearly how many users?
6. Hundreds of migrant children per week — more than 1,600 so far — have been bussed to what kind of facilities in the desert (where there’s no schooling and limited access to legal aid)?
7. Bill Cosby was sentenced to ________________ in prison for sexually assaulting a woman in his home.
8. On Sept. 30, the United States reached a last-minute deal to salvage the North American Free Trade Agreement with what country?
9. According to the CDC, how many flu-related deaths happened in the U.S. during the 2017-18 flu season?
10. Which U.S. fashion brand is acquiring the iconic Italian fashion house Versace for $2.1 billion?
Current Events Week 8
1. What is the name of the woman that came forward about being sexually assaulted by Judge Kavanaugh over three decades ago?
2. Who claimed his first victory since 2013 in the Tour Championship, the P.G.A. Tour’s season finale, on Sept. 23 at the age of 42?
3. Besides visiting Seoul, North Korean leader Kim Jong-un also agreed to what during a summit meeting between North and South Korea on September 19?
4. On Sept. 23, researchers reported that a tiny clip inserted into the heart sharply reduced death rates in patients with severe?
5. In which restive province that is home to most of Iran’s Arab minority was there a gunman that killed at least 25 people and wounded 60 on Sept. 22 in an attack on a military parade?
6. Trump administration officials announced Sept. 22 that immigrants who legally use _______ can be denied green cards under new rules aimed at keeping out people that are “a drain on the country”?
7. Who will president Trump meet with on SEP 27 to discuss reports about him talking about secretly recording Mr. Trump in the White House, to expose the chaos consuming the administration, and that he discussed recruiting cabinet members to invoke the 25th amendment to remove Mr. Trump from office in the spring of 2017?
8. Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh, facing new allegations of?
9. Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger, the co-founders of ___________ the photo-sharing app, have resigned and plan to leave the company in the coming weeks?
10. President Trump escalated his trade war with Beijing by imposing tariffs on _________ worth of Chinese goods?
Current Events Week 7
Current Events Week 6
1. In what country did miners discover two huge gold-encrusted rocks that are each estimated to be worth millions of dollars?
2. What newspaper published an op-ed piece written by an anonymous source within the White House?
3. What tennis player was fined $17,000 for code violations at the US Open?
4. What was found inside a jar in the basement of an old Italian theater that could be worth millions and possibly dates back to the fifth century BC?
5. What is the name of the police officer that was arrested for fatally shooting her neighbor in his own apartment?
6. What American actor, famous for his role in “Smokey and the Bandit”, passed away at the age of 82?
7. What 20-year-old won the women’s US Open tennis championship this weekend?
8. What is the name of the Mississippi high school homecoming queen that also scored the winning point for her school's football team?
9. What are the names of the twin WWII veterans that celebrated their hundred birthdays?
10. Who was named the new Miss America this weekend?
Current Events Week 5
1. In what country were 87 elephants killed at a wildlife sanctuary?
2. What is the name of the tropical storm that is approaching the Gulf Coast?
3. Who was Senator John McCain buried next to?
4. In what Southern California city were 8 people shot in an apartment complex this weekend?
5. What Brazilian national building was consumed by a fire in the city of Rio de Janeiro?
6. Who is being commemorated in the giant statue that will be 600 feet tall once completed?
7. What is the name of the doctor that apologized for saying "Female physicians do not work as hard and do not see as many patients as male physicians”?
8. What state will be the first to abolish bail?
9. What agency did the Mississippi Department of Corrections ask for help after having 15 inmate deaths in one month?
10. What country banned the Australian Broadcast Corporations website in order to censor information?
Current Events Week 4
Current Events Week 3
1. In what Southern state was a 33-year-old woman charged with neglect after leaving her child in the car overnight?
2. What is the name of the baby that was born at 18:18 on 8-18-18 in Colorado?
3. Who were the two high-ranking officials that were detained for the alleged plot to kill President Maduro of Venezuela?
4. What is the name of the woman that fell off a cruise ship and was rescued after being in the water for 10 hours?
5. What singer, songwriter, and pianist dubbed the “Queen of Soul”, passed away last week?
6. What type of African animal killed a Chinese tourist in Lake Naivasha, Kenya last week?
7. What country is planning on a $2 billion mall that will be the size of 100 football fields?
8. What is the name of the mountain that was downgraded to a hill by 5 feet in Brecon Beacons National Park, Wales?
9. What European capital is in an uproar for setting up open-air public “intelligent urinals”?
10. The Chilean government is setting travel limitations to what World Heritage site?
Current Events Week 2
1. In what state did a man steal an airplane and ultimately crashing with it?
2. What type of flotation device where 2 women on when rescued by police on s Minnesota lake?
3. What did Joe Reed find under the hood of his truck on Saturday morning?
4. What is the name of the man who was awarded $289 million because he got cancer from a weed killer (pesticide)?
5. What did the first lady's parents do last Thursday in contradiction to the President’s thoughts on immigration?
6. Last Sunday’s space launch was to explore what in the solar system?
7. In what country was a school bus attacked by an air-strike, killing 50 and injuring 77 school children?
8. Who is the first woman to lead an infantry platoon in the history of the USMC?
9. What is the name of the 9-year-old chess prodigy that will be allowed to stay in the UK?
10. What change does the White House want to make to the military by the year 2020?
Current Events Week 1
1. In what South-Western state did the sheriff find and rescue 11 children living in a compound in the desert?
2. What is the name of the fire that has now consumed some 283,800 acres in Northern California?
3. In what Southern-California city did a small plane crash in a parking lot, killing 5 people?
4. What is the name of the architect that created a $3 million “Shipwreck” home?
5. In what country did thieves steal royal jewelry and fled by using a speedboat?
6. What airline removed a passenger for bringing her cello on board, even though she had purchased an extra ticket?
7. What is the name of the bus driver in Tennessee that was honored after driving a school bus for 48 years?
8. In what European country did two men escape from a retirement home to go to a heavy metal concert?
9. What South American president was attacked by drones carrying explosives during a speech?
10. In what country did a plane crash with 103 passengers and everyone survived?