Until NVMI resumes face-to-face instruction, we are not providing bus transportation. At this time, we will publish the online sign-up link for parents to enroll their children in the bus program.
Below is the NVMI Bus Behavior Contract.
North Valley Military Institute
School Bus Behavior Contract
Bus drivers, students, parents, teachers, and school administrators share the responsibility for bus safety, following all bus rules, and behaving is a responsible manner.
Riding the school bus is a privilege. If you behave appropriately, you will be allowed to ride the bus.
Students who do not adhere to the rules will receive 2, 3, or 4 point permanent bus misconduct demerit appropriate consequences will be administered.
I agree to ride the bus safely.
- I will line up in an orderly fashion while waiting for the bus.
- I will stay seated until I arrive to my final destination.
- I will wear my seatbelt at all times if the bus provides a seat belt.
- I will talk in a soft quiet voice so as not to distract the driver.
I agree to show RESPECT.
- I will obey my bus driver and follow the rules.
- I will keep the bus free from litter and graffiti and ensure the seat where I sit is clean and not damaged in any way.
- I will keep my hands and feet to myself.
- I will respect other passengers and use kind words at all times.
- I will be respectful of people outside the bus, including other drivers and pedestrians. I will not litter outside the bus and I will not use inappropriate gestures or words that can be seen or heard outside the bus.
- I will follow the directions of cadet leaders on the bus.
If I choose not to follow this contract, my parents/guardian will be notified and the following consequences may occur:
- Verbal warning
- Assigned seating
- Permanent 2, 3, or 4 point Demerits
- Suspension from bus for one or more days up to ten days
- Exclusion from bus for the remainder of the school semester or year
Please print legibly. Signatures indicate that you have discussed, understand, and agree to the above statements. Thank you.
Student Name:_____________________ Company________ Grade:________ Student ID # ________
Bus Number _______
Parent/Guardian Signature:___________________________ Date_______________