7th Brigade, North Valley Military Institute, Alpha Company, 213th Battalion is guided by TAC Officer 1LT Russell Theodore and TAC Chief CW2 Beth Morden. The official mascot is the Archers.
Alpha Company is lead by C/1nd Lt Jessica Alvarado, who is the Company Commander. The executive officer is C/2nd Lt Julio Aguilar and the Company 1SG is C/SFC Briana Rodriguez.
Alpha Company Cadet Staff
S1- Jennifer Martinez
Assistant S-1- Charon Kaur
S2- Jovanny Gonzalez
Assistant S2 - Fernando Hernandez
Assistant S2- Isaac Navarro
S3- RoseMarie Pacheco
Assistant S3- Juan Meza
S4- Naimat Ajayi
Assistant S4 - Nicholas Post
S5- Lauren Fabery
Assistant S5- Kiara Hernandez
We are excited about the upcoming school year and look forward to the opportunity to lead all Alpha Company members and pursue the Honor Unit.
Assignments DUE each day are listed below:
|ACADEMIC VOCABULARY||CORNELL NOTES|
|WELLNESS JOURNAL||CURRENT EVENTS||NONE|
CLASS C UNIFORM
If you are interested in purchasing your own Class C:Class C Shirt: http://www.armysurplusworld.com/product.asp?ProductID=869
Class C Pants: http://www.armysurplusworld.com/product.asp?ProductID=2875
IMPORTANT NEWS / EVENTS
May 19 - Senior Military Ceremony and Memorial Day Pass In Review
May 20 - State Individual Major Awards Competition
May 22 - F Schedule (Final Exam Periods 1 and 2)
May 23 - F Schedule (Final Exam Periods 3 and 4)
May 24 - F Schedule (Final Exam Periods 5 and 6)
May 25 - F Schedule (Final Exam Periods 7 and 8)
May 26 - Special Schedule with dismissal at 10:00 AM
- 9:30 AM 8th Grade Graduation
- 1:00 PM Senior Graduation Ceremony
June 22 - July 01 - Summer Camp @ Camp Pendleton
- Current Events Week 36 Due May 18,2017
1. What country flew a jet within approximately 20 feet of a US Navy surveillance plane last Tuesday?
2. For how long was the former Los Angeles county sheriff sentenced for obstructing a federal investigation?
3. What rapper was called out for posting a staged picture of flying on a private plane?
4. What state censured a member of the House of Representatives for his comment implying that women in his state get abortions in order to get free travel?
5. What Southern California beach issued a shark advisory of swimming “at their own risk”?
6. What position did James Comey hold before President Trump fired him?
7. What is the name of the Foreign Minister that the White House hosted last Wednesday?
8. How many retweets did Wendy’s ask in order to give a teenager free nuggets for a year?
9. What does Beibeilong sinensis mean, the most recent identified dinosaur species from China?
10. What ship will replace the USS Carl Vinson in the Korean peninsula?
- No Current Events Week 35
- Current Events Week 34 Due May 04, 2017
- Current Events Week 33 - Due April 27, 2017
1. What former child actress, known for her role on “Happy Days”, passed at the age of 57?
2. What television host was fired from Fox News after allegation of sexual harassment?
3. What airline apologized for an employee getting into an altercation after an incident with a baby stroller?
4. What was the name of the protest march on Saturday in Washington D.C.?
5. In what San Fernando Valley city was Cuba Gooding Sr. found unresponsive in his vehicle (and later pronounced dead)?
6. What South American nation is demanding that Columbia return three Armed Forces officers that deserted?
7. Near what US state were four Russian aircraft spotted for four consecutive days last week?
8. What is the name of the Surgeon General that was asked to resign by the Trump administration?
9. What is the name of the famous boulevard in Paris where a gunman killed a police officer last week?
10. What professional athletic team visited the White House last Wednesday?
- Current Events Week 32 - Due April 20, 2017
1. How much did the bomb, dropped in Afghanistan last week, named “MOAB” weigh?
2. What former NFL player was acquitted of double homicide last Friday?
3. Which famous comedian, known for his role in the Chappelle Show, passed away from leukemia?
4. According to South Korean officials, North Korea tested a missile launch out of what port city?
5. In what Northern California city did anti-Trump protesters and Trump supporters clash; leading to 21 arrests and 11 injured?
6. What is the name of the San Bernardino school where a gunman opened fire, killing his estranged wife and a small child?
7. In what city is the animal park that April the giraffe gave birth this past week?
8. At what age did the record-holding oldest living woman pass away last week?
9. In what Middle Eastern country were more than 100 evacuees, including 68 children, killed in a suicide attack on Saturday?
10. What is the name of the first female athlete to receive a football scholarship to an NCAA school at Division II or higher?
- Current Events Week 31 - Due April 06
1. What color did Crayola decide they were retiring from their rainbow of colors?
2. What federal agency recently released never before seen photos of the Pentagon of 9/11?
3. President Trump met with what former US Secretary of State?
4. What airline had a first officer (co-pilot) die during a landing in New Mexico?
5. What relative of President Trump will become an unpaid White House employee?
6. What top tourist attraction did Italian police announce they believed terrorists were plotting to blow up?
7. How much money was a South Carolina man entitled to after receiving a phone call from the state treasurer?
8. In what major Southern city did a mysterious fire collapsed a portion of a northbound overpass last Thursday, forcing the closure of all five lanes in each direction?
9. Near what Southern California pier were four people rescued after their sailboat nearly capsized and slammed into its pilings?
10. In what city were the Tennessee teacher and kidnapped 15-year-old girl spotted in a Walmart?
- Current Events Week 30 - Due March 30
1. In what popular destination city were streets closed due to a man shooting two people on a bus?
2. The chairman of what committee held a news conference to announce he has received credible information that the intelligence community "incidentally collected" personal communications of Trump transition team members?
3. What is the name of the former Marine with a double leg amputation that just became a police officer in Suffolk County, New York?
4. On Friday House Republican leaders pulled legislation that would replace what current law?
5. In what European city were four people, including a police officer, killed in a vehicle and knife attack?
6. As of last Friday what former NBA player now has a nearly 10 foot statue in front of the Staples Center?
7. What did officials ban on flights to the U.S. from 13 international airports due to increased terror threats?
8. What is the name of the newly added Sesame Street character with Autism?
9. In what country did authorities say 29 inmates escaped from a prison using a 131 foot tunnel?
10. What two neighboring Southern states have are competing in the Final Four?
- Current Events Week 29 - Due March 23, 2017
1. In what American city did a man steal an ambulance, running over and ultimately killing an EMT?
2. What legendary rock-and-roll pioneer, known for songs like Johnny B. Goode, passed away last week?
3. Who allegedly kidnapped a 15 year-old from Culleoka, Tennessee, and is on the run from authorities?
4. In what Western city did an SUV drive into a gas pump at a Shell station causing a large explosion?
5. What did Hank Stout find in his garage while trying to retrieve a box in his home in Merritt Island, Fla?
6. How much is the Labor Department forcing Disney to pay to its Florida employees as back pay?
7. Which European leader did the White House host last week?
8. Near what Colorado city have firefighter been battling a fire whom they believe is human-caused?
9. By how much did President Trump propose last Thursday the defense budget should be increased?
10. What federal agency had a government computer stolen containing highly sensitive information?
- Current Events Week 28 - Due March 16, 2017
1. What is the name of the man that was arrested on Friday night for jumping the fence at the White House?
2. What did MMA fighters Axel Cazares and Alan Vasquez do to each other during their fight this past weekend in Kansas City?
3. What was celebrated this past Wednesday to honor women’s accomplishments and call attention to women’s issues?
4. Archeologists from what two countries found a statue, estimated to be 30 feet tall, of Ramses II in Matariya, Egypt?
5. What is the name of the skydiver that hit two cars on his way down in DeLand, Florida?
6. In what state was a bill killed that would change the age of consent for marriage from 13/14 years-old (parental and court approval) to 18 years-old?
7. What is the name of the 10 year-old that was able to save his mother and little sister when his mother had a seizure while driving?
8. What did a Danish boy find inside a WWII plane’s cockpit while doing research for his history class?
9. What comedian made a rare public appearance at a town hall meeting in Yellow Springs, Ohio?
10. In what European city did poachers break into a zoo to kill a rhino for his horn?