7th Brigade, North Valley Military Institute, Alpha Company, 213th Battalion is guided by TAC Officer CW3 Morden and TAC NCO SFC Padilla and SPC Franco.
The official mascot is the Archers.
Alpha Company is lead by C/2LT Jovanny Gonzalez, who is the Company Commander. The executive officer is C/2LT Julio Aguilar and the Company 1SG is C/SSG Lauren Fabery.
Alpha Company Cadet Staff
S1- Mitchell Weisberg
S2- Kiara Hernandez
S3- Alexander Silva Tapia
S4- Marisol Rubalcava
S5- Kaila Rivas
S6- Nicholas Post
S8- Marcos Alegria
We are excited about the upcoming school year and look forward to the opportunity to lead all Alpha Company members and pursue the Honor Unit.
Assignments DUE each day are listed below:
|PARENT SIGNATURE||CURRENT EVENTS||CORNELL NOTES|
CLASS B UNIFORM OPTIONAL ITEMS
If you are interested in purchasing optional Class B items:
To purchase the Female Short Sleeve Shirt (untucked): http://www.marlowwhite.com/07-206
To purchase the Female Long Sleeve Shirt (untucked): http://www.marlowwhite.com/07-204
To purchase the Female Skirt (Classic): http://www.marlowwhite.com/09-305
To purchase the Female Neck Tie: https://www.marlowwhite.com/female-dress-neck-tab
To purchase the Male Long Sleeve Shirt: http://www.marlowwhite.com/07-200
To purchase the Male Neck Tie: https://www.marlowwhite.com/black-necktie
CLASS C UNIFORM
If you are interested in purchasing your own Class C:Class C Shirt: http://www.armysurplusworld.com/product.asp?ProductID=869
Class C Pants: http://www.armysurplusworld.com/product.asp?ProductID=2875
IMPORTANT NEWS / EVENTS
- Current Events Week 36 due Thursday May 16, 2018
1. From what university did an American Astronaut earn an honorary doctorate degree while in space?
2. In what British game show did the host make a mistake costing the contestant roughly $20,000?
3. What White House official made an insulting comment about Sen. John McCain’s health?
4. Why did Ford announce that they will stop the production of the F-150 pick-up truck?
5. The Mormon Church will make a separation from what American youth organization?
6. What is the name of the man that has donated blood every week for 60 years, saving the lives of 2.4 million babies?
7. What popular company just announced that they will allow anyone to use their restrooms, regardless if they are a customer or not?
8. In what Southern state did the police choke and slammed a man in a Waffle House, causing an investigation into the police officer’s actions?
9. What is making the water in Southern California’s beaches to glow at night?
10. What state may adopt to require all new homes to be equipped with solar panels?
- Current Events Week 35 due Thursday May 10,2018
1. What is the name of the volcano that erupted in Hawaii last week?
2. Who is the C.I.A. nominee that offered to withdraw after concerns over her role in a torture program?
3. What horse became the first since Apollo in 1882 to win as a three-year-old without racing as a two-year old in the Kentucky Derby?
4. What company is recalling more than 35,000 pounds of ground beef because it might be contaminated with bits of hard plastic?
5. What state’s lawmakers are ready to call the state legislature into a special session for impeachment proceedings against the governor?
6. California health officials are warning residents not to eat oysters from what country?
7. What data firm announced it is shutting down operations after its misuse of Facebook information?
8. What type of military plane crashed killing 9 members of the Puerto Rican National Guard?
9. What did North Korea change last Friday to match South Korea’s?
10. Who is quoted as saying "When you hear about slavery for 400 years ... For 400 years? That sounds like a choice"?
- Current Events Week 34 due May 03, 2018
1. What European leader spoke to congress last Wednesday?
2. Who was sworn in as the second Secretary of State for the Trump Presidency?
3. What electronic commerce and cloud computing company is raising their prices for their services?
4. Who withdrew their nomination for the Secretary of the Veterans Administration?
5. What two rival nations held a historic meeting last week?
6. What south-western state had a teacher-walkout last Thursday to protest pay?
7. What city unveiled a new trolley station, the first since 2005 and is located within close access to 44,500 jobs?
8. What famous news reporter is being accused of sexual harassment?
9. What type of forensics did the police use to track down the Golden State killer?
10. In what South-American country was the largest child sacrifice discovered, dating back some 550 years ago?
Current Events Week 33 due Thursday April 26, 2018
1. What former First Lady past away last week at the age of 92?
2. What is the name of the Colorado man that was bitten by a shark off the coast of Kauai?
3. What store is an eight-year-old New Jersey girl making it her mission to save from being closed?
4. What is the name of the man that wrestled a rifle away from a shooter in a Tennessee Waffle House?
5. What type of food item was a woman fined $500 for bringing through Customs after visiting France?
6. In what Southern-California city did an 18 foot boat wash-up on shore without a captain?
7. According to North Korean news, what does North Korea not need anymore?
8. What airline’s planes are being inspected after an engine broke-up in flight, killing a woman?
9. Who was named as the new leader of Cuba?
10. How old did Queen Elizabeth II turn this past Saturday?
- Current Events Week 32 due Thursday April 19,2018
1. What nation did President Trump order missile strikes on?
2. What “godmother of comedy” and owner of the Comedy Store passed away at 87?
3. According to the CDC what was the cause of the 35 reported cases of E Coli outbreak?
4. Near what State beach did a van go off a cliff, falling some 150-175 feet?
5. What did Paul Ryan announce last Wednesday?
6. What state’s governor promised to give a 20% raise to teachers by 2020?
7. In what country have there been over 100 deaths after drinking bootleg liquor?
8. What food item is being recalled in nine states over fears of salmonella?
9. In European country did a military plane crash killing 257 people?
10. What actor, known for his role as the “Gunny” in the film Full Metal Jacket passed away at the age of 74?
- Current Events Week 31 Due Thursday April 12, 2018
1. In what European country did a man drive a truck into a crowd killing 2 and injuring 20 more?
2. What is the name of the Congressman that pulled out a loaded gun out while sitting in a diner?
3. What Middle-Eastern country suffered a suspected chemical attack this past Sunday?
4. What is the name of the lost hiker who survived four days in Malibu Creek State Park?
5. In what country were 50 rare prehistoric dinosaur footprints discovered, left 170 million years ago?
6. What UFC fighter was arrested and charged with three counts of assault and one count of criminal mischief in New York?
7. What popular internet company experienced a shooting that injured 3 people last week?
8. What is the name of the former Hawaiian Senator that fought for recognition of Asians and Asian-Americans who fought for the US in World War II that passed away at the age of 93?
9. What did President Trump ask of the National Guard?
10. Who won the golf Masters Tournament this past weekend?
- Current Events Week 30 due Thursday April 4, 2018
1. What South African anti-apartheid campaigner passed away at age 81?
2. What is the name of the American Olympian that donated 200 pairs of running shoes to a school?
3. In what California city did the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia buy out all 200 rooms from a hotel?
4. What Southern state’s aquarium will expand to add a million gallon shark exhibit?
5. What European capital’s orchestra was sued for being too loud?
6. In what Mid-Western city is a High School planning on placing a bank on their campus?
7. What Hockey team called on a 36 year-old accountant to fill in as their goaltender?
8. Who did President Trump pick to be the new head of the Department of Veterans Affairs?
9. What is the name of the classic painting, likely worth more than $4 million, that was found after being forgotten in a closet for decades?
10. What company did President Trump say did not pay enough taxes and use the US Postal system as a delivery boy?
Current Events Week 29 Due Thursday March 22, 2018
1. What Asian President was just elected to another 6 years in power?
2. What world renowned physicist died at the age of 76 last week?
3. Who was just nominated by the President to be the new Secretary of State?
4. What major US city dyed the river green to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day?
5. What social-media website had the data from 50 million profiles leaked?
6. What country is accusing Russia of manufacturing and stockpiling a deadly nerve agent?
7. In what major city did a helicopter crash in the river, resulting in 5 deaths?
8. What airline is under scrutiny over a third dog related mistake?
9. Who was recently named as the first black person to appear on Canadian currency?
10. In what Middle-Eastern country did a US military helicopter crash killing all 7 Service members?
- Week 28 due Thursday March 15, 2018
1. In what country was a man, a former Russian spy, found poisoned along with his daughter?
2. Who is suing the state of California over immigrant sanctuary protections?
3. With which Pop-Star was a nun legally fighting with over the sale of a convent?
4. By what month are North Korea and the US planning on meeting?
5. In what city is the Veteran’s home located where 3 workers for a program that treats veterans for post-traumatic stress disorder found dead after being held hostage?
6. President Trump has placed tariffs on what two materials?
7. What actor, famous for his role in the Star War movies, recently received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame?
8. What private association is suing the state of Florida in order to block the passing of a new gun law?
9. What is the name of the top economic advisor that recently left the White House staff?
10. Whose missing body did a new study claim they had found, from re-examined measurements of several bones found on a remote Pacific Island?